Advice wanted!!! Ford Scorpio

I know a lot of people think the Scorpio as a hideous or ugly or both looking car, but I'm afraid to say I quite like the look of them. I paticularly like the look of the Ultima, and I have seen these advertised from £850.00, a couple of questions if anyone could so answer them for me...

  1. How much of the MK3 Granada was moved over to the Scorpio, i.e, drive gear, engine, box, running gera etc..

  1. Where do they rot (common areas)

  2. Is there anything imparticular I should be looking for?

Many thanks in advance,

Mark S

Reply to
dogonabeach

They are in general rubbish. Some parts are no longer available from Fords, like petrol pipes. The auto boxes fail, the abs fails and is really expensive to fix. Have a look at honest john for a list of the common faults. Rot isn't usually bad, but sills, seat mounts and rear arches are common problems. They also don't drive that well. If you want some real comfort then buy a Lexus, same sort of cost to buy, expensive to service at garages, bit juicy but not horrendous and even at 250000 miles they still drive like new.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

:-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

See

PJML

A selection of brown paper bags to put over your head...... available from all good retailers.

JK

Reply to
JK