Air compressors

Peter Spikings explained :

Aldi Lidl keep selling the identical unit for around £50 -£60 - I bought one a couple of years ago and it has given me good service. They are fine for domestic use, but the tank is small and the compressor not powerful enough for continuous use. Don't expect to be able to do any serious spraying etc., for that you need a commercial sized unit.

Rather than using it as a multipurpose power source, save the money to buy a proper vacuum and a proper pressure washer. Do not ever pressure wash a modern engine bay - the pressure can force moisture into the electronic and various connectors. Just gently spray paraffin around and rinse it off gently.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The free air delivery is the important figure there. It's on the low side. In my experience, it will run something like an impact wrench for short periods, though it may struggle to provide enough air for those really stubborn bolts. However it's not bad value for what it is.

For a little over twice that price, Machine Mart have a Clarke Hunter 60 which has some very good air specs - certainly among the best figures I've seen for a "portable" type compressor.

Reply to
asahartz