aircon on a mondeo 1998

hi,the aircon is only cool, and the engine revs when aircon is on,any advice thanks,millzee3

Reply to
millzee3

And your problem is??

Have the a/c recharged.

Engine idle speed should increase slightly (by 50-150rpm, no more) with the compressor / fans running. That's what it's meant to do.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

In message , Tim.. writes

Then be prepared to have it re-gassed again when the condenser turns out to corroded ;)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

In message , "Tim (remove obvious)" writes

So you are the sod that's creating all that dust which is drifting into my garden from the adjacent field? :)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

If you live in south shropshire, then yes :->>

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Duh? It's a Ford, so it's crap, if you want decent air con buy a proper car.

Reply to
unit244

In message , snipped-for-privacy@defencecontracts.org.uk writes

Ok, which one of you woke the troll up?

I've just noticed that he's replied to all the Ford posts. Lets see, what's just happened in the past few days......... oh that's right, the schools have broken up for summer.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

The message from Paul Giverin contains these words:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Oddly, we haven't seen a rush of juvenilia this year - except the spats in uk.d-i-y and they're supposed to be adult regulars.

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Guy King writes

Yeah its a shame really. I used to be a regular in uk.d-i-y before u.r.c.maintenance was formed. In fact, IIRC u.r.c.maintenance was formed to take the car maintenance posts out of uk.d-i-y

Anyway, I pop back in from time to time when I need a bit of diy advice and as you say its a bit silly sometimes, especially when central heating boilers are the topic ;)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

The message from Paul Giverin contains these words:

Just don't mention plastic pipes and hacksaws.

Reply to
Guy King

I've never understood this Ford is rubbish, BMWs are prestige cars etc- Its all in the mind of the mug consumer. I've changed to Jap motors (mostly) several years ago and I love the reliability though do not always like the look of disdain I get from work colleagues who drive prestige BMWs/Mercs Surely in Europe there are around 2 or 3 large companies that supply all the "bits" for all the cars I remember Honest John in the Telegraph slagging off some springs for a certain years Saxo (the coating was poor and flaking off resulting in the springs rusting through )and said the same years BMW 3 series had exactly the same issue!

Reply to
Tommy