Alcohol tester

Under which RFC?

Reply to
Paul Cummins

My postings are fully compliant with RFC 1036.

The sig being applied by Teranews is outside my control

If you don't like it COMPLAIN TO THEM!

Reply to
Paul Cummins

How come you get one and I don't then? Not because it's actually in your control, is it?

One of the disadvantages of using the free version of Teranews appears to be that they apply their own sig, rendering any user-supplied one invalid. Thus if you want to remain conformant with the defacto standard of a 4-line sig (something I note you make some effort towards), you can't put any sig into any post sent via that server.

If you want free news servers and sigs, you'll have to go elsewhere. I'm afraid I can't actually help here, because I just use my ISP's news server, which works fine.

So, at the risk of repeating myself : the solution to the problem is in your control. Either change server, pay teranews some money, or don't put your sig in. Any of these three will do. Doing none will inevitably result in you continuing to post non-standard sigs as you are doing now.

Or the shorter version : It's your fault. Sort it.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

You're aware of the convention that sigs are 4 lines long - don't insult us by pretending otherwise. You even attempt to respect that - unfortunately you fail.

Like it or not, the news server you choose to make your postings needs to be taken account of when making those posts. In this case, you're choosing to use one which will break sigs. You need to alter your config to stop posting your own sigs if you want to remain in line with the standards you expect others to keep to.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

R D S ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

*ding*

It marks Paul Cummins as a tit and a hypocrite, sure, given the email address he proclaims, though. Let's think of it as the Usenet equivalent of a "Baby On Board" sticker.

Reply to
Adrian

Tim S Kemp proclaimed to uk.rec.cars.maintenance ...

:-) First grin ive had all day.

Reply to
Coyoteboy