Alcohol tester

Ah, we're on this game again. I've seen this elsewhere - to me, Paul's sig-sep looks entirely correct, viz dash dash space newline.

What do you think it looks like?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

And to follow up I actually looked at what my news server is serving, rather than what my news client is seeing, and the sig-sep is identical for Paul and SteveH.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Except I missed the fact that Paul is posting via a server which puts a sig on itself, thus there are two sigs. Not sure what you're supposed to do there - Paul, may I suggest not using such a pikey server?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

My reader shows his sig sep plus name and URLs in the body of the post, with the actual sig as:

-- Posted via a free Usenet account from

Peter Twydell

No, but if you're checking your residual alcohol level in the morning it's unlikely to be on the way up.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Nope.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Ah, that'll be resolved this week, when I drop Teranews and return to Gradwell - a far superior service.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

Can you tell me what's wrong with it then?

"dash-dash-space-newline"

Reply to
Paul Cummins

Looks like that to me too - but for some reason it doesn't separate the sig, which has to be bad in a sig separator, I'd have thought.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Nope again - doesn't work for Agent, though.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Hmm, you're right.

I'd assumed that either the space was originally missing, or was getting stripped off by your client at some point, or the server (when adding the second sig). It appears that slrn just doesn't like multiple separators in the one post.

Reply to
David Taylor

Ah! Of course - that'll be it. It strips the extra one and assumes job done. How to get round it is another kettle of monkeys, though.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

I've already done so. If you use a crap news server which doesn't support signatures properly, you'll have to drop your use of them.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

Yep, already said I'm going to.

Others are still trying to score points though...

Reply to
Paul Cummins

And you're still posting unwanted spam all over Usenet.

Until you get your news-server sorted so you have a proper sig, you're leaving yourself open to abuse reports.

Reply to
SteveH

ONly to the mews-server causing the issue...

Reply to
Paul Cummins

No, because it's originating from you.

You *know* there's a problem causing the spam to appear in the body of your posts, but you insist on doing it.

Reply to
SteveH

There's something up with it because my newsreader doesn't recognise it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But:

1) It's not spam, its in my sig. 2) My sig sep is in the right place.

It's YOUR software that's reading stuff below the first sig-sep as sill being body...

Reply to
Paul Cummins

So if I put all my spam after the sig it no longer counts as spam?

Reply to
Duncan Wood