Alfa Romeo

They make this stuff up, then? Or maybe you own one? ;-)

"What Car? Reliability Survey: Alfa Romeo to BMW

Alfa Romeo ? League position: 26th ? Claims per 100 vehicles: 39.4 ? Average age (years): 4.05 ? Average mileage: 47,068 ? Average repair cost: £423 ? Average time for repair (hours): 3.87

For the third year running, Alfa Romeo has one of the lowest average mileages and some of the youngest cars in this survey, yet it continues to sit near the bottom of the reliability table.

There is little improvement on its showing in last year?s survey, with just 0.1% fewer claims per 100 cars. What?s more, Alfas are among the most expensive and time-consuming cars to fix when things do go wrong, with an average repair cost of £423 and an average repair time of nearly four hours.

As far as individual models go, the 156 fares better than the 147, which only just escapes inclusion on the list of the bottom 10 cars overall.

Verdict: ** Another disappointing result from Alfa."

Still, they're better than Audis!

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

What that doesn't detail is 'user error' like not checking the oil - something which accounts for a large number of failures.

Reply to
SteveH
[Snipped Text]

Same reason to some extent, although some of the Civics did exceed the specifications a little. You can get modified (slightly longer) upper arms if it needs adjustment.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Not sure what was done, to be honest. It was a warranty job, so I didn't care. The tyre wear has been even since.

Reply to
Steve Walker
[Snipped Text]

You'd probably notice the difference more if you took it on a track occasionally, or perhaps some of the Northumbrian roads near me here :-)

The camber setting did assume some requirements for this kind of car!

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

souls

Reply to
Dr Wu

In news:436a8e2b$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com, Dr Wu decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Drop me an e-mither and I may be able to help. As the spanner monkey works for a main agent I very much doubt he'd like his details bandying around usenet.

He is handy, cheap, and very good with Alfas though, it's just the main agent he works for sees him doing work on Alfas as "pinching work"

Reply to
Pete M