Alfa Romeo 156 - No permanent electric supply

Hi,

I have just bought a 156 (2.0 TS Selespeed). I was pretty thorough when checking it over. However, after only one day I have found something that I missed. And surprise, surprise it is an electrical problem. I am hoping, however, that there is a simple solution.

It would appear that anything that uses a battery feed even when the ignition is off & key removed is NOT getting power when in that state, but power IS being provided while the ignition is on.

E.g.: Clock Interior Lights

I have also noticed that the cigarette lighter socket doesn't appear to work at all. Related?

I apologise if this is something REALLY simple, such as a fuse, but having only just got it I have not yet had time to investigate properly.

One other thing. I went to see the car already in the knowledge that one of the door mirros was broken. Turns out it only needs the plastic casing and glass. However, having trouble locating anything but WHOLE mirror assemblies. Is there anywhere that I should be able to get just the glass & just the plastic casing? I had to get a plastic casing for a 155 mirror about 7 years ago, but for the life of me can't remember where I got it.

Many Thanks,

Simon

Reply to
SilentBob