Angle Grinder Recommendations

The last B&D one I bought had a three year guarantee, which was handy as it died after a couple of years, so I got a free replacement.

Talking of which, those wafer thin cutting discs are excellent, IMO.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Seconded- they're expensive but brilliant for slicing cleanly through all manner of things.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

The best advice anyone can give you is; buy 2 cheap ones, have a grinding disk on one and a cutting disk on the other. It'll save you hours of changing disks/looking for a spanner etc.

Check ALDI, NETTO and LIDL sites, they have some power tool bargains sometimes, I bought a cheap German grinder from one of 'em ages ago and it's fine :)

I bought a cheap B&D one a few years ago before building my car, it's still going strong, just as my NETTO special is :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

cheapo Clarke from Machine Mart. My experience of angle grinders isthat I kill them in about 13 months (ie just out of warranty) regardlessof make or price. So now I buy the cheap ones - and with this one at £15I can afford to buy another when it dies, and it won't owe me anything.As yet I have failed to kill this one.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Only 500w though. Better value, and slightly cheaper at £14.99 is this 860w one from Screwfix.

it comes in a nice strong fitted case.I baught one a couple of months ago and am quite inpressed with the quality.Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Thanks to all that responded, think that I will probably take up the suggestion of using a few cheap grinders with different disks fitted and treat them as disposable items.

Cheers

Jim

Reply to
Jim

I managed to find some very cheap ones on eBay a couple of months back. Worked out at about 50p each after postage. The thought of them exploding into flying shrapnel had me trying them out very gingerly, but they've been fine. So far...

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

The Bosch handles are only available with M14x2 threads though. Quite a lot of smaller angle grinders, including older Bosch models have M10x1.5 threads.

Reply to
Matt