Astra 1.7 dti possible ecu fault

Hi,

This morning I went to open my Astra and found that the remote lock was not working opened the car with the key and found the battery flat. I connected a set of jump leads to the car and started it after disconnecting the leads the car ran for about 5 to 10 seconds then shut down. The car easily turned over but failed to restart checked various components replaced and topped up the fuel filter to the brim and attempted to restart. The car fired and ran for about 2 seconds and shut down again. I changed the relays in the engine bay again the engine fired and ran for 2 seconds then shut down again. Am I right to assume that the ECU is the culprit I can get it tested for £25+VAT if found faulty the company say they can repair it for £275+VAT a new ECU from Vauxhall will cost £586 plus recoding of £45 approx. The engine is the Isuzu 1.7 16 valve double overhead cam turbo diesel engine code Y17DT.

Reply to
sadcrab

Sounds more like an immobilzer fault. Best option is to get it checked for fault codes, to see what it highlights.

If it's the pump control ECU (it's mounted onto the side of the injection pump), there's a known fault with dry solder joints in them. If you remove it, and prise/cut off the sealed plate, the main solder joints in the centre are known for failing. Resolder them, and it usually cures any problems. A dealer will just fit a new ECU.

Reply to
M Cuthill