Astra EGR Blanking Any MOT Probs?

Just blanked off the EGR on my 02 Astra. Runs fine now! Anyone know if it will need to be taken off for the MOT emissions check?

TIA,

Trev

Reply to
Trevor Peacock

EGR blocked will result in cleaner running- so less soot from the tailpipe as far as the smoke test is concerned.

Which engine code??

You may find that a completely blocked egr on the 1.7's brings on the EML lamp after afew miles of very gentle and under 2000rpm driving- the conditions where EGR is used. Afew drive cycles of harder running and the lamp will go off. I have a 6mm hole in mine - no EML at all.

Bear in mind a lit EML is an MOT fail as of now.

(Y17DTL)

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Cheers Tim, it's a 1.6 8V. I don't know how to get the engine code. Still running ok, no EML light coming on.

Trev

Reply to
Trevor Peacock