Astra EGR Blanking and MOT

I blanked off the EGR on my Astra, been fine since. MOT in a couple of months,just wondering if it would fail because of the blanking plate?

Thanks, Trev

Reply to
Trevor Peacock

blanked off egr is not a fail.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

A lit MIL *should* be a fail though.

Some GM's and alot of fords will bring on the MIL if the EGR is blanked, they look for a decrease in air volume via the MAF when the EGR is opened. If blanked then there will be no fall in intake volume.

My 1.7CDTI brings on the MIL with a blank installed when driven sedately (when most egr is used).

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

which is why you get the egr deleted from the ecu (if you do it properly)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

CORECT! But for a work hack, I havent gotten around to it yet, despite me doing DPF-off, egr-off and remapping ! That said the denso management on this particular engine is very diffucult to work with.

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks for the info. Luckily, the MIL doesn't come on.

Trev

Reply to
Trevor Peacock

I'd be worried too if my mother in law came on to me! ;-). What does it mean in this context?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Enginge Management Light. In Greek ;-)