Audi Allroad Rear Wiper

Is going all the time...

I have fit the audi repair kit to fix the leaky washer, but it's still going all the time.

It's a 2001, does it have a relay? I cant find any info on the relay online at all.

N.

Reply to
Nige

Only info I can find on Autodata is the wiring diagram. This shows a relay for intermittent rear screen wipe that is built in to the wiper motor.

There doesn't appear to be any other relays associated with the wash/wipe system.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Cheers for that, i feared as much.

Oh well, £59 it is :)

Reply to
Nige

Wiper motors are continually powered so that they can self park. in your case the self park is not disconnecting internally when it should. It may be fixable if it can be taken apart.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I have had it apart four times now, it's going in the bin this time :)

Reply to
Nige

I managed to sort the CL motor, so one out of two isnt too bad.

Now to change one of the four O2 sensors, but it's raining, so beer is the order of the day :)

Reply to
Nige

You really have bought a shonky heap of s**te there, Nige.

Reply to
SteveH

Because the rear washwipe motor is bust?

You'll not get a bite for that lame effort lego hair :)

Reply to
Nige

What about all the other stuff, like the radiator etc?

Shonky heap of Kraut s**te... [1]

[1] They're all like that, sir.
Reply to
SteveH

FWIW .....

having an A6 estate which is now 17 years olde and still going strong I did have some very odd problems because the wring in the tailgate struts had fractured and shorted intermittently. Swapping it all out cured all the rather odd faults at the time....

Reply to
tony sayer

You mean where my wife hit a lampost but didnt tell me until it was fixed?

:)

Reply to
Nige

Fit a new one & it's sorted :)