Auto Door locking on a Mondeo

Difficult to see what the statistical benefit is though, carjackings pretty rare in the UK , car accidents aren't.

Reply to
Duncanwood

Fairy nuff. If I leave my (teenage) kids in the car for a while, I will usually leave them with the keys and they can lock the doors for security.

Reply to
John Laird

It doesn't have to be in a crash. What if I have a heart attack or any number otherwise rendered incapable or there is an immediate danger such as fire, I'm pretty sure I'd want someone ... *anyone* to be able to open the door and pull me clear.

Car jackings are a worry, it's very true. But usually the worst that will happen there is you'll lose some property, in a real emergency you could end up dead.

Both are pretty rare and unlikely, thankfully. Please don't get the impression I drive around expecting this stuff to happen!

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

in news: snipped-for-privacy@no-cancel.newsreader.com, SOR slurred :

Agreed. Although you can probably make a better estimation of whether you are likely to be carjacked than of whether you might breakdown or be in an accident. In any case, most people don't take dissproportionate mesures to avoid these situations.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Q? No 2.

How do I "Undo" the autolocking feature?

(I had the sun-roof open whilst setting the auto-locking & I now have problems persuading the sun-roof to close...)

DC

Reply to
DC