Autoglass windscreens

Recently had a cracked windscreen replaced quickly and efficiently by Autoglass. (Focus Ghia 2003)

But we're finding the heated front screen wires in the replacement to much more obtrusive than the original, especially causimg chromatic effects at night on the motorway.

Is this a general issue, and are we stuck with it??

Thanks, Lol

Reply to
Lol

"Lol" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

You may well find that the AutoGlass replacement isn't "genuine Ford".

Is there a manufacturer logo or similar printed onto it?

However, unless you're happy to pay the replacement cost out of your own pocket rather than letting the insurance cover it, I suspect you're stuck with it.

Reply to
Adrian

I don't see why you should be stuck with it. If it's not at least as good as the original then it's not like for like. I'd complain to Autoglass.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

Thanks - insurance company has got 'alternatives' covered in the fine print on glass cover.

Reply to
Lol

Yes, but if you can't see through it properly it's not doing the job.

Reply to
GB