Automatic bleed nipples

I recently salvaged a bleed nipple from a spare back axle and found it was automatic: the cone is spring loaded, so when the nipple is undone it acts as a one-way valve. When the nipple is done up it clamps the cone shut as usual.

It's dead good, and I'd like more - anyone know if they are still available, and where?

Ian

Reply to
Ian

The message from Ian contains these words:

I don't see the need. Mostly when I bleed brakes these days I just open the nipple and let it dribble down the tube into a jar. That seems to get rid of all the air perfectly well.

Reply to
Guy King

Now, if you insist....

Here are the links to the bleed valves:

and
made; this last was provided by Cicero in a previous thread, thequestion of whether they were still available these days was also raised.) As always, there are detractors -- at least one:
"3. SpeedBleeders")

Reply to
Lin Chung

The message from "Lin Chung" contains these words:

He's got a real obsession with clinging bubbles, hasn't he?

Anyone reckon there's any basis for his worries? I can't say I've ever had trouble with clingons.

Reply to
Guy King