AVOID - A1 Auto Salvage, Dewsbury

I know some on this group dont agree with my policy of naming and shaming but I just call it as I see it....

Searched for part for me car using ww.1stchoice.co.uk and these came up. Phoned them and ordered the part (it was an ABS sensor).

Part arrived. Wrong item. They'd sent me a complete hub as well.

Phoned them and they said sent it back. Argued about who pays for postage and I ended up paying =A312.

Waited a few weeks - no refund. Spoke to them and they promised to sort it out. Few weeks later no refund still so I spoke to credit card company.

Week or so later a 2/3 refund appears on my CC. Phoned A1 and they claim item was damaged (was it f**k!) so they'd deducted an allowance !!!!

Credit company have been no good as have 1stchoice. Avoid these cowboys !

Reply to
paulfoel

Trading Standards complaint then. And repeat the complaint to your credit card company, they're liable, however much they whinge.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Coyoteboy ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

We don't actually know if the _vendor_ did anything wrong.

The OP ordered a second hand ABS sensor. Since these are a notorious bastard to remove, they sent him a complete hub, for the same price as they'd quoted for just the sensor.

Despite getting what he ordered (and more), he decided he didn't want it, so sent it back.

They claim it was damaged when received. Was it? We don't know - but if the OP tried to remove the sensor, it almost certainly would have been. It could also have been inadequately packaged on return - he's complaining about the postage cost, after all.

Reply to
Adrian

From the OP:

"Part arrived. Wrong item."

If that meant wrong in the sense that it was for a different vehicle, then the vendor was wrong surely?

I'm with you on the lunacy of trying to use a s/h ABS sensor however.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I'd have thought if you order an ABS sensor you expect to get it "sans hub" - and in this case I'd say getting it with a hub added up to getting less than you wanted due to the added work involved getting it out (i know how much of a PITA that job is!). Of course we don't know both sides of the story but i'd err on the side of the OP since i cant imagine people coming on USENET and moaning when they've half diddled someone - i think most would shut up unless honestly messed about.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

You've been around for long enough not to believe that. Surely?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Chris Whelan ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But it wasn't. He ordered a s/h ABS sensor, and got a s/h ABS sensor still fitted to a hub. There was a thread about it a week or so ago.

Reply to
Adrian

Coyoteboy ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

NAHAY?

Reply to
Adrian

And the CC co will desperately wheedle out of it (Like mine did in a similar situation) unless the buyer has a written statement of what they SHOULD have bought from the seller. (eg by email or fax)

First Direct stuffed me in this respect when I bought a (supposedly 'excellent condition') engine from a 'used car parts' co in Doncaster. The engine turned out to be total rubbish, like their money back guarantee. I paid with my FD credit card. Yes, they both conspired against me. I felt doubly robbed, and still had to fix my car engine AND get rid of the crap engine that had been delivered. (Trading standards & their local chamber of commerce were of no use/weren't interested)

Adam H

BRITISH jet engines - far better and more innovative than the rest - doubly cool!

Reply to
Adam H

I tend to trust people over businesses.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Where. I can't see a link and I like jet engines

Reply to
Malc

Go on, try just a bit harder to imagine it!

Reply to
Mark W

Searched for part for me car using ww.1stchoice.co.uk and these came up. Phoned them and ordered the part (it was an ABS sensor).

Part arrived. Wrong item. They'd sent me a complete hub as well.

Could you not have just put the whole hub on and be done with it? Or taken the ABS sensor out yourself?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Now I'm a numpty when it comes to doing things myself, but even I thought of that.

Reply to
DervMan

Not true. They are only jointly liable if the purchase is above =A3100 (S75 Consumer Credit Act).

Of course in practice they may assist out of goodwill (I've had that a couple of times) so it's still worth a (polite) shot.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Renault miganne 2.0 16v 2002 manual trans,

unable to rev like a govener fitted

Car At times hard to start from cold

also when engine warm car revs to about 200 rpm then if you try to rev more hunts badly making the car un driveable

It is like someone switching a cut off when the engine reaches 2000 rpm plus

I did notice the fuel pressure regulator had only 1 bolt instaed of 2 when I moved this regulator it appeared to cure the problem

Si I removed the rgulaor and tried to clen but sealed replaced the missing securing bolt but on re start of the car still the same problem

but now on moving the regulator makes no differance , I have tried the wiring and all ok

I know this is a bit vague but does this sound like a fuel regulator problem

thanks for the help

Reply to
ticker