Windsor-Fox RIP OFF

I have several suggestions. Instaed of ranting on Usenet, call them onthe phone and speak to the owner. Do not threaten all that sillyshit, cuz if it were me I'd blow you off right there. Do not rant. Explain what your concerns are and you don't want to be out your money and harness and you really need to know exactly what the situation is. If someone is sick, or someone stuck your stuff on a shelf and forgot about it for a month fine SAY so and lets get to it. If you're rude you'll just piss him off and he has the upper hand at the moment, he's go t your money. Also remember that no one in this group knows you from Ronald McDonald and there is always two sides to a story.

Reply to
WindsorFox

By 'contemplating' calling the BBB then you have no chance of getting a damn thing done. You have to actually DO something. I suggest, you gather up your paperwork, every scrap including communications and make copies attach all of it to a letter stating your complaint and your request for your parts or a refund immediately. Mark it attention of Ed Marsh and send it registered with a return receipt requested. Give a set time, say ten days in which you expect to receive some resolution to your complaint and then explain that if it is not handled within that time you will CC copies to the BBB and to all of their butt buddies at the publications. Even a News 10 or whatever consumer hotline sort of thing. Then, if you do not get satisfaction within the allotted time follow through and send copies to every publication that pushes his company, and every consumer organization that you can find.

Take some action, and take it soon. Don't just get all pissed off and gripe about it -DO SOMETHING

In the meantime we have a pretty good guy in this group that uses that nick, maybe next time you could use a different topic, so as not to make it appear as if you are disparaging him in some way.

KJKate

2O|||||||O5 Liberty
Reply to
KJ.Kate

I havn't seen many posts about them at all, but I've never seen a complaint. "Phone calls got no response" By that you mean they have not called you back?? If so you have to keep calling until you get an answer. Use a barrowed or pay phone to dicuise the number. Then move to finding someone local to visit or have a lawyer send a letter.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Yes, that's right, and hopefully it wasn't taken that way. That certainly wasn't the way I meant it.

Reply to
gcroix

Hey look, Kate knows the guy, maybe you can get her to call him. A phone call he will never forget I'm sure....

Reply to
WindsorFox

"WindsorFox" wrote

: Hey look, Kate knows the guy, maybe you can get her to call him. A : phone call he will never forget I'm sure.... :

Look ya little shit.... don't make me stop this car!!!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Did you call your friend and get this straightened out yet Kate?

Reply to
351CJ

Hell no, it's not my job.

Trouble maker

KJK

: > "WindsorFox" wrote : >

: > : Hey look, Kate knows the guy, maybe you can get her to call him. A : > : phone call he will never forget I'm sure.... : > : : >

: > Look ya little shit.... : > don't make me stop this car!!! : >

: > KJK : >

: >

: : Did you call your friend and get this straightened out yet Kate? : :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Oh c'mon, the OP will buy you lunch if you fix it for him....

Reply to
WindsorFox

: > Trouble maker : >

: > KJK : >

: >

: : Oh c'mon, the OP will buy you lunch if you fix it for him....

Ehm.... Lunch?

You think I'm that cheap huh?

Love your new sig >:¬Þ

KJK

: -- : "Why do you : insist on putting up with this piece of crap?" : : Why? : : Because, as I drove away, I shifted out of 2nd gear at 60. That's why. : : dwight :

: : :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Do a search on

in the classics forum.

We have discussed MANY problems with them and they are in the business of ripping people off.

I was persistant and nice for at least 9 months and got my products from them. I will never use them again and am happy to spread the news on how bad they are.

Have you gotten the responses that a family emergency yet? Its common.

Good luck and there are others that are much better for doing business with..

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Depends on the place you go to :oP

Reply to
WindsorFox

Hmmm, well, maybe I should change the courtesy link on my web site to a disclaimer then.

Reply to
WindsorFox

My, what interesting symbols. Is that last one a lower case Greek letter? Kinda looks like a phi if I remember me stats classes correctly. I don't know what that 90-degree angle thingy is.

I must investigate my character map for interesting possibilities

Reply to
Wound Up

I will teach you grasshopper! ¬ = ALT (plus) 0172 Þ = ALT (plus) 0222

and there you have it, the official sticking my tongue out at you!

: > : > Trouble maker : > : >

: > : > KJK : > : >

: > : >

: > : : > : Oh c'mon, the OP will buy you lunch if you fix it for him.... : >

: >

: > Ehm.... : > Lunch? : >

: > You think I'm that cheap huh? : >

: > Love your new sig >:¬Þ : >

: : My, what interesting symbols. Is that last one a lower case Greek : letter? Kinda looks like a phi if I remember me stats classes : correctly. I don't know what that 90-degree angle thingy is. : : I must investigate my character map for interesting possibilities : : -- : Wound Up : ThunderSnake #65 : : AHPBBFM pages:

: > KJK : >

: >

: >

: > : -- : > : "Why do you : > : insist on putting up with this piece of crap?" : > : : > : Why? : > : : > : Because, as I drove away, I shifted out of 2nd gear at 60. That's why. : > : : > : dwight : > :

: > : : > : : > : : >

: >

: : : : : : :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Thank the dear Lord.... it is Feb 15th and we shall soon be past this misdated travesty....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Which begs the question, why did you bump it??

Reply to
WindsorFox

Hello all,

I ordered a custom made wiring harness for my 1966 Mustang from WINDSOR-FOX, whom I thought was a reputable company in California. This company, WINDSOR-FOX has been mentioned in articles in magazines and websites, which led me to think they were good people. In September I sent them a complete wiring harness from a newer car (value $300) and a money order for $549. Several excuses and months later, I suspect I'm out the money. I've contemplated telling the BBB in their area (Apple Valley, CA), contacting a lawyer there, or contacting the local tv station/newspaper. However, I don't think any of those will help my case. I've also thought about contacting the company and telling them, "Look if you don't send my $/part immediately, I'm going to (do all that)." I can't afford to write off $850, but I think I may have to. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

GMC in GA

Reply to
gcroix

Thanks for the reply. Most of what you've said I've done. Phone calls get no reponse. Emails every 3 weeks or so get lame excuses. I'm not ranting on Usenet, I'm telling what has happened to me. I wouldn't gotten so mad recently, but I did a search on google, finally, and saw them using the exact same excuses for delays to other people (literally, same excuses---family illnesses) a year before me. I know you don't me from Adam. I was just seeing what others would do in my shoes.

Reply to
gcroix

Wow! This was posted from the future:)

Al