Baby Shampoo

On one of the forums a ciople of guys swear by washing the car with..BABY shampoo, anyone here use iton the car? It's cheaper than the many car shampoo

Reply to
Avanti

I can't comment on that, but I tried Halford's own-brand car wash on my younger son when he was four days old and it didn't work out too well to be honest.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

You'll probably find it's more to do with the hosing off that upset baby.

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Next time just tape him to the roof rack while you drive through your local car wash, works a treat.

Reply to
SimonJ

Probably still contains salt to thicken it up. The salt in shampoo and washing up liquid is why you shouldn't use it on cars.

Reply to
Peter Hill

The salt is to soften hard water.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The other poster is right as well, it is used to thicken and is a cheap way of doing it.

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

It's OK if your car's a mini.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Salt only properly softens water in a proper water softening ion exchange wossname. This business of putting salt in dishwasher tablets is daft, the machine uses strong saline to flush the water softener to displace all the various ions removed by the zeolite resin. Having it in the powder is rather too late, the water's already been through the softener by then and there's no way it can get back to the softener to do its salty job.

Reply to
Guy King

I'm curious why anyone would bother tbh. Car Shampoo is hardly expensive, I think I get about 16 washes (not me, the car, before some smartarse says it) before from a £5 bottle of Meguiars.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Hutchings

I'm a skinflint. Halfords and I get by with just filling the screw cap middle and not the whole cap - lasts for ages. One bucket full washes the car and 2 buckets to rinse (go on tell me I should pre wet the car - 4th bucket). Helps living in a soft water area supplied by surface catchment. If you live in a hard water area it would be a good idea to use rain water and just add the minimum amount of very hot water to get it to a temp that doesn't freeze your hands while washing the car.

Reply to
Peter Hill