Basic tools

I think I'm right: at the back of every Haynes "Service and Repair Manual", there is a chapter on "Tools and Working Facilities". Two lists are given. The first names the tools (< 20 types) "considered as a minimum requirement, if routine maintenance, servicing and minor repair operations are to be undertaken."

If you don't have a Haynes manual (I assume the 'manual' mentioned in the post is not Haynes), a visit to your local public library is worthwhile. You can have that relevant page printed out for your private use.

Reply to
Lin Chung

Thanks, that's useful. My manual is a Russek not a Haynes (they don't produce one for my model), and I did look for such a list but to no avail.

Is it specific to each manual (eg imperial sizes for American cars, metric for Europeans) or a general list? I might have to go and raid a charity shop and buy one of the Haynes manuals for long-dead cars they seem to have :)

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

I dunno. All the Haynes manuals I ever owned have the same chapter (suggesting the materials are not specific to the car of that manual). The contents, degree of detail and topography are slightly different.

I intended to send you a direct reply with an attachment of a reprint of the relevant page. Guess what? My 3-in-1 printer (with scanner) is out of action!! I'll type out the list and post it to you.

Reply to
Lin Chung