Battery lubrication

I just wanted to ask if its ok to use copper grease on the battery terminals after fitting a new battery ?

Reply to
GreasyFingers

NO! Use normal lithium grease (preferable petrolium jelly or vaseline) but only after first cleaning up the terminals and clamps and connecting them together. The idea of the grease is to keep moisture and any fumes from the battery away from the terminals and clamps and keep a good solid connection there, nothing more.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

I use silicone grease after seeing some handy tips here.

redwood

No. Use petroleum jelly, Vaseline, or a proprietary anti corrosive product like 'Nocrode' Mike.

Reply to
Mike G