Berlingo immobiliser problem

My berlingo ignition key 'chip reader' seems to be failing. It won't recognise the key 9 times out of ten, but if I hold the spare key reversed so the chip is right up against the barrel while I turn the other key, it works every time. It's a high mileage workhorse diseasel van, which is fitted with a scorpion alarm anyway, so If I just rig an ignition live feed to the fuel-off solenoid, and disconnect the dashboard warning lamp and buzzer, is that enough to bypass the immobiliser?

cheers

Reply to
Keith

Yes, provided it's got a conventional injection pump. Biggest problem is getting the immobilser module of the back of the pump, as they can be held on with shear bolts.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

In message , Moray Cuthill writes

So it's basically a magic box hiding the terminal for the solenoid, and some carefully applied persuasion is needed to remove it to replace it with a bit of wire? I can do that.....

thanks for your reply

Reply to
Keith

Try taking apart the steering column. The sensor often slips. A quick reorientation is often all that is needed. I can't imagine the sensor is particular expensive, either. A lot less hassle than attempting to persuade the immobiliser off an injection pump.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In message , Christian McArdle writes

Thanks, Christian I had considered fixing the spare key inside the steering column fairing, beside the sensor, so I'll check the sensor is secure first.

cheers

Reply to
Keith