Rover 114 possible electical problem.

Hi,

My Cousin just bought her first car, a Rover 114 SLi.. Its in pretty clean condition and runs quite well..

The problem with it is that the central locking on the doors doesn't work (but it does work on the boot lock) when the alarm button is pushed.. The dash clock doesn't work and the factory installed radio doesn't switch on..

This says to me there is an electrical problem somewhere..

I have checked all the fuses and they are all fine..

Anyone have any ideas? Is this maybe a common problem on this car??

Reply to
WipeOut

Have you checked the fuses? BTW, did this car come from a dealer? Did your cousin buy it knowing the faults? I would have thought the vendor should put this right.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Hi Rob,

Yes, I did check all the fuses and they are all fine..

Yes it did come from a dealer.. and.. Yes she knew about all the faults which is why she got the car quite cheap..

I was kind of hoping to find a blown fuse that would get everything up and running but that wasn't the case so I guess its somewhere in the electrical system but I am not that good at car electrics.. :)

Reply to
WipeOut

I think you are going to need a wiring diagram and trace the circuits. It's possible that there is one connector plug which contains all the relevant wires that is not pushed home properly.

Rob

Reply to
Rob graham

Do you have the owners manual with the fuse list. You need a test light or multi-meter to check the voltage at the two fuses. The fuses might be okay, but maybe no power there. Usually fuse links under bonnet supply power to interior fusebox.

JOhn

Reply to
John