Best car wash brush for Karcher Pressure Washer

Just spent an hour washing the car twice because the wash brush that came with the pressure washer is rubbish and ended up washing it again by hand with a bucket and sponge. Anybody suggest a better wash brush for doing the car? Been looking at those rotary ones in Halfords, but don't want to commit =A330 if it's just another load of rubbish. Was bought the pressure washer as a birthday present by kids so don't want to stick in the back of the cupboard just yet!

Reply to
Tom Bradbury

Personally I would never use a pressure washer unless for wheel arches, and only occasionally. Surely it can't do seals, paint, lacquer etc any good?. Just use the pressure washer for the slabs ;)

Reply to
Matt

Water normally comes out of the washer at a trickle when using a brush. It only comes out at full pelt if using the wand, and they are excellent for wheels and alloys.

Reply to
gw.harrison

We have a *very* powerful pressure washer for cleaning down commercials and tractors. It will clean a car fairly well *if* you lather the car in traffic film remover and pressure wash slowly. However, the traffic film remover also removes any wax on the car, so it's hardly something I would want to do to the car every week. The washer mainly ends up being used on the van which has screwed chalky paint anyway, and on stuff that's not been washed in months.

IMO the best you can expect from any home type pressure washer is removal of mud and bird shit. If you want to actually clean the car, you still need a bucket (preferably two) and a sponge. You can use a pressure washer mounted brush if you want, but all that will achieve is a load of scratches on your car - I'd use them for wheels and door bottoms / sills at a push. It's still worth having the pressure washer to remove the maximum amount of muck from your car before you set about washing it, but it's not the great boon you may have expected it to be. The best way to reduce the amount of time you spend washing the car is to get some wax (Collinite 476 is one of the best - lasts at least 6 months) or sealant on it so that dirt doesn't stick well. If you care particularly about how the car looks, wax is better, if you just want the car presentable and shiny for a long time, a sealant is better.

Reply to
Doki