Ka headlight

Can any body let me know whats the best way to change a headlight bulb for a ford Ka. It seems to do it you have o have the hands of a 2yr old.

Reply to
toad

IIRC one side can *just* be done by hand, but the other side you have to take the wheel off and take the arch liner out, then get it from underneath.. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you which side is easiest!

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Reply to
toad

I can do both sides by hand, and I've not got small hands (think I'm around an 11 or 12 in gloves). It's a matter of dexterity and practice - first time took ages, after a while I could do a pair in under 10 minutes - still a ludicrous time to change a bulb, but faster than dismantling the car. There's no need to remove arch liners, but I've been told it does help.

Reply to
Doki

Awkward little sods, aren't they?! Jacking the car up and removing the wheel arch lining helps access, but it is possible to do it without - just takes practice. There's a knack to it, which is kinda detailed here:

Kinda. Mostly that's an advert for my page... Anyway my trick is to keep the weather seal partially attached, it's easier that way.

Reply to
DervMan