BIT -- son has now decided he wants to be a barber

'I'm here all week... Try the veal, don't forget to tip your waitress' ;)

Reply to
Steve H

Very funny. I followed a car this morning and as I watched it turned into a Co-op store.

Reply to
Gordon H

jesus god, I only go once in a while and I'm a girl! every six weeks? That would kill me!

Reply to
K.

In message , K. writes

I can't remember when I last had a haircut, but it was before 24th July. I think maybe it stopped growing when I broke my ankle.

Reply to
Gordon H

why do people assume cutting hair is difficult? pull it straight out in small clumps and cut half an inch to an inch (depending on your hair) or so from the head. Surprisingly after a couple of minutes its quite good enough, and after a month it's damn good. Its all down to a bit of practice.

Reply to
john east

In article , K. writes

Blond hair grows faster. Fact.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

True. One of my lady friends has to wear long dresses.

Reply to
Gordon H

It seems to me that if you want a reply on the usenet these days you have t= o choose a NG that's active - like this one - even if your post doesn't fi= t the topic. The usenet's a dying institution. Interestingly, I had a probl= em connecting to newsgroups a while ago and I contacted BT (my ISP at the t= ime) and they hadn't even heard of the usenet.

Reply to
cryptogram

This must be a no-brainer. If he's keen to do this, why not go all out to encourage him?

Reply to
cryptogram

In message , cryptogram writes

Your post filled the full width of my screen until I hit CTRL/N.

Some groups are so busy I have to "mark all as read"...

Reply to
Gordon H

In message , cryptogram writes

Perhaps if people posted to the correct newsgroup, that group would be more active like just this one. Or do you think Usenet should consist of one newsgroup that you can post anything to?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

choose a NG that's active - like this one - even if your post doesn't fit the topic. The usenet's a dying institution. Interestingly, I had a problem connecting to newsgroups a while ago and I contacted BT (my ISP at the time) and they hadn't even heard of the usenet.

You spoke to the wrong person then, they even have their own server at news.btinternet.com (Or .co.uk, I've not used it for a while.)

Free to use for BT clients only.

Reply to
John Williamson