Ford Fusion door mirror replacement?

I've noticed that the nearside door mirror on my father's Fusion has some tape on it, so it's probably had a bash on something - although from how I saw it (apart from a little bit of tape - it's not wrapped around it, just a small bit on the top) doesn't look noticably damaged. I'm guessing he put on for a reason - I haven't asked him about it yet.

As his health hasn't been all it might, recently, I'd was thinking of trying to sort it out for him, I figure it's hassle he doesn't need rgith now - it's an electric mirror (the switch gear inside for it is the same as in my wife's Mk I Focus).

Fortunately, it's not painted (it's matt black) so I suspect replacement would just be merely that. Does anybody know how easy they are to take off and replace? And for that matter, roughly how much they'd be to buy - either from a Ford dealers, or aftermarket replacements?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Reply to
Lester Burnham