Blasted Weather

My old Cav - scared the hell out of me today. Parked up, pretty hot, walked away and as I got to around 30 feet away there was the most god almighty BANG from behind me.

I thought someone had crashed until I turned around and saw the steam cloud behind which my car could just about be seen. Turns out to be only a hose - but it blew out over about 5 inches - but what a noise - never heard one go like that. Mind you, 18 years and 214K it did well....

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

steam

noise -

I had the same thing on an old granada, I had driven over a hundred miles at about ninety most of the way, parked and went indoors, shortly heard a bang and saw a cloud of steam, broken hose! Glad it got me home!

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Twas Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:39:00 +0100 when "DaveK" put finger to keyboard producing:

that could be a problem, I don't generally carry a change of trousers!

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mr.niceATsofthome.nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mrnice106___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

You were lucky it held out until you'd parked up. Still, they're less=20 than =A320.

--=20 ________________________ Conor Turton conor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com ICQ:31909763 ________________________

Reply to
Conor

Similar thing happened to my old Senator.

I parked up, lifted the b> > My old Cav - scared the hell out of me today. Parked up, pretty hot,

Reply to
Paul

Twas Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:50:15 +0000 (UTC) when "Paul" put finger to keyboard producing:

Youch!