Bloody Hilarious!

And another piece of shit bites the dust :-)

Reply to
Brian

Yes, so much more immediately amusing than the tale of the little primary school girl callously mown down by a woman driver, under the influence, in Essex, whilst innocently driving her new quad bike on the public highway with her brother, following their father in his car.

Took me a while to realise they won't have to buy spares for the little boy's quad for some time to come!

Still, not like carjackers have family, not like they're ever co-erced into it by people who've run them into, say, some kinf of illegal debt- bondage or other. Nah, they just appear on the doorstep of the local Cyrenians in early January and a millstone around the neck of honest citizens like yourself from then on...

G DAEB COPYRIGHT (C) 2007 SIPSTON

--

Reply to
FCS

And, counter-intuitive as it may seem, current thinking may be right that it never would have happened had they not been supervised. I can speak from experience that arguing liability with someone 4 times your age and weight is what some people might describe as "character building".

Again on the plus side, with the money they save in fuel and parts this year, maybe Dad can afford a trailer for next year...

G DAEB COPYRIGHT (C) 2007 SIPSTON

--

Reply to
FCS

"Illegal debt-bondage" (WTMB) makes car-theft and unlicensed/uninsured dangerous driving alright, does it?

Reply to
JNugent

Brian formulated the question :

Get this, a friend of mine has a nephew who was sent to prison for car theft. They released him early and he was up to no good with other young men one evening. The police were chasing them and they took off up the "off" ramp of a junction of the M4. So they were driving the wrong way up the motorway for a couple of miles.

The CCTV showed that they dodged about 12 cars coming towards them but hit a car eventually. 3 of the gang were killed outright but worse of all they killed a couple aged in their 60's. The couple were returning home from a holiday they had in Ireland where they own a cottage.

My friends family are decent people apart from the guy in the car. His mother shouldered the blame herself, was distraught and kept as low a profile as possible.

The police had to move the flowers that were left on a bridge overlooking the motorway. One of the other boys who was killed was apparently given a horse drawn funeral and it ended up with his brother punching one of the funeral directors in the face.

This may not have happened if the guy who was driving the car had been kept in prison in the first place. But it is the innocent people who I and most sane people feel sorry for not to mention their families, who incidentally had commiseration's sent to the dead boys families via their priest.

That could have been any one of us or members of our families that were the innocents who were killed that night. It also makes me mad when I see boys in cars who think they are on a race track or in some sodding film.

They should enforce a "3 strikes and out" policy for this sort of thing.

Reply to
Baldoni

The time would have come when he was due to be released and so the incident would have happened at some other time.

Reply to
Brimstone

"FCS" wrote

Are you sure you want that "not" in there?

Reply to
Fleetie

Didn't someone here once describe the Primera one of the least inspiring drives available ? (although apparently reliable)

"Look ma, I can do a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang impression !"

...On this occasion the wings failed to unfurl :-p

Reply to
Colin Wilson

They're very odd cars - grip like there's no tomorrow, you can drive them much quicker than you'd think - but there's hardly any feedback to tell you what's going on at the wheels.

Reply to
SteveH

3 what though? 3 prison sentences? 3 crimes?
Reply to
Mogga

Commit 3 offences similar in nature and they get banged up for life. In this case car theft, if a person steals a car 3 times he receives a life sentence.

Reply to
Baldoni

And you know she was under the influence how?

Reply to
soup

That was said on the early bullitins but later dropped off the reporting radar, so who knows?

Reply to
NM

I think it was reported that the driver was arrested for excess alcohol, so it's a fair inference that she failed a breath test.

Reply to
JNugent

Hmm, Life for exceeding the speed limit thrice is in excess of what even Brake are asking for. You are Richard Brunstrom & I claim my five pounds.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

You any idea how much that would cost? Like paying loads of tax do you?

Sentencing needs an overhaul, IMO insufficient use is made of public ridicule, for children 14 to 18 corporal punishment as a short sharp shock, for older youths a couple of years or so in a corps structured like the French and Spanish foreign legions where you start running as soon as you open your eyes and you only stop to eat and shit. Can't be any more expensive than a prison.

Dump all the pandering, tv's, visits (unless immediate family only) mobile phones, computers make it back into what it's supposed to be, punishment.

Dress up the repeating offenders of minor crimes in some stupid uniform then make them undertake public services like cleaning out a canal or collecting litter, educate the public to take the piss out of them whilst they do it.

Make some prisons weekend only, report after work Friday night, let out to go to work and home Monday morning, then have another shift weekdays only for the unemployed.

Reply to
NM

"NM" wrote

[Guy committed suicide]

Or we could use our superior intelligence, wealth and influence to find out why these people do stuff like steal a car at knifepoint and then drive it off a cliff.

Fight Al K. Yeeda?

You've obviously thought this through. I expect I'll be up against the wall in a few weeks.

Reply to
Mr Broadhurst

Name me 1 person that does like paying loads of tax but it is a fact that many of us already do pay loads.

Maybe they should just treat them in the way that they used to treat horse thieves.

Prisons need to be made frighting places again to put the fear of God back into these swine !

Reply to
Baldoni

Yup, I'd go along with that. Except that in addition to weekend only sentences, they spend all their time in prison except that thy're allowed out to carry on with their normal (if they have one).

Reply to
Brimstone

"Baldoni" wrote

Ken Dodd.

Blimey, you've got a better memory than me, dude.

Who are we talking about again? The French or the poor?

Reply to
Mr Broadhurst