Bloody Hilarious!

"soup" wrote

Ah, thanks.

The dirty Bastards.

Reply to
Mr Broadhurst

"Escargot Cult" wrote

I got this far.

Clean up on the keyboard in aisle two, please.

Reply to
Mr Broadhurst

The story of the disabled servicemen being jeered at in Leatherhead swimming pool, as reported by the Daily Mail, was just that - a story. The only part with any substance was over the question of payment, the outcome of which is that injured servicemen now get the ue of the establishment for free.

Reply to
Brimstone

Wonder how he reached that conclusion, not that her staying at the scene would have helped (legal issues apart)

Yep, letting their kids ride them on the road, illegally and having only had them for one day anyway, so sod all experience on them.

Letting a 7-year old ride one on the road, in the dark, with no experience, sigh.

Reply to
andy

I like your style of thinking here; and while we're about it the culprit should be bunged in the nearest suitable prison to wherever the crime was committed. We'll cut out this nonsense about transferring them to a prison so they can be near their family for making visiting easier.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

There'll be scores of people 'up for it' if you start talking in those terms over on PistonHeads.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

Prison has never worked. Anything that has a repeat rate of (what is it?

75% or more) can be truly said to be a total failure.
Reply to
John Wright

Well, as I said that nice Mr Howard told us it did, and the nice people at the Daily Mail backed him up. What do us poor ignorant peasants know.

Reply to
Brimstone

Something of the night about him... To quote someone else who took the Tory whip.

Reply to
John Wright

In message , John Wright writes

Something of the knight, as she took the whip, Shirley?

Reply to
bof

Would you whip Anne Widdecombe? And don't call me Shirley.

Reply to
John Wright

Was it taken, or given?

Reply to
Brimstone

That must be why she has to attend the police station, with her brief, early next year to be formally arrested and charged.

I reported what I read in the newspapers, they said she was to be charged.

Well you know better of course, I believed the news report, especially the bit that said she was to be charged in the new year.

Thanks.

The question is whether you

Fuck off idiot. all I can do is report what I read, why don't you read the story before you come out with such baseless shit.

A moronic one at that, do you feel better now?

Reply to
NM

It was a suicide. The young man was suffering from severe depression, and was just discharged from the hospital.

Lin Chung

All I can find is a police statement that an alleged assault is to be investigated. Assuming you mean the recent case in Mangotsfield, which appears to be the only incident of a youth being clipped around the ear for desecrating a war memorial that I can find.

Doesn't say that in any report I can find. It says she has to report to the police station in the new year to be formally arrested. That is a normal part of the process of investigation, it doesn't even vaguely imply that she will be charged with anything.

I've read it. You clearly either haven't or don't have the faintest idea about how the law and the police operate. Which would be fair enough except that you seem to think you do.

There are different stages to an investigation and prosecution. It is common to make arrests at an early stage of the investigation since it formalises the position of the "suspect". It doesn't even vaguely imply that any charges will be brought, or even that the police think the person arrested has done anything wrong. It merely means they need to investigate whether or not that person has been involved in a crime. If somebody alleges an assault then unless they retract the allegation almost immediately the police have to investigate it. That doesn't even vaguely imply that the police believe an assault has taken place let alone that a particular person did it. It's something that happens literally hundreds of times a week. As often as not it leads to the police and the CPS deciding there is no case to prosecute.

No. Because you clearly still don't have even the vaguest clue about the subject but nonetheless seem determined to continue pontificating.

Reply to
Escargot Cult

Yes. But what does work is the certainty of being caught if you commit a crime. Not the threat of punishment *if* you are which only satisfies the 'law and order' brigade who haven't a clue how the average criminal thinks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I felts somethings were not adding up about the initial BBC report; I almost posted a link but decided to hold off as it seemed to be missing stuff.

Fod

Reply to
Fod

If she was unfit to drive through drink or drugs she would have been charged there and then, after being arrested and taken to the station.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You're saying she had no breasts?

Reply to