Blower fan on Mondeo MkII only works on 1 and 4

Anyone come across this problem? Could it be a resistor problem? Fan works at full tilt, and seems to work at lowest setting. position 2 and 3 seems to be bolloxed though.

Reply to
Tunku

The resistor pack behind the glovebox has burnt out. The replacement part with wire was about a tenner when I did one in March and it took me 15 mins.

There was no soldering needed as the later replacement has plugs on it

hth

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Resistor pack - switch - wiring, in that order would be my best guess.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

and don't forget to check the pollen filter

Reply to
Mrcheerful

"Mrcheerful" wrote in news:737Lk.74644$E41.28106 @text.news.virginmedia.com:

I changed the resistor pack this morning, that has done the trick. Thanks for remining me about the pollen filter.

Reply to
Tunku