BMW E36 brake pads

Could someone tell me how to get the cylinders back when changing my brake pads Thanks all Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

Could someone tell me how to get the cylinders back when changing my brake pads Thanks all Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

Could someone tell me how to get the cylinders back when changing my brake pads Thanks all Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

Could someone let me know how I get my cylinders to go back when changing my brake pads Many thanks Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

Could someone let me know how I get my cylinders to go back when changing my brake pads Many thanks Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

Could someone let me know how I get my cylinders to go back when changing my brake pads Many thanks Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

Once you've removed the old brake pads, use a G-clamp with a spanner across the piston.

Reply to
Hooch

Or buy the retracting tool. Halfords sell them.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Front or rear calipers? If the handbrake is incorporated into the rear caliper then the piston must be wound back in, clockwise, if a front caliper then undo the bleed nipple and push, squeeze or lever the piston back, then tighten the bleed nipple.

Reply to
MrCheerful

...Whilst surely removing the cap from the brake-fluid resevoir first surely...? Then bleeding as is required. Two-man job for easiness sake.

Reply to
David R

You shouldn't need to bleed them unless you undid the bleed screw. Some people recommend doing that, but I've always just removed the cap from the reservoir.

Reply to
Ben C

Easier to simply use the old pad on the piston side.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's a BMW. Drum handbrake.

Reply to