Boot tidy

Looking for a boot tidy for the car, to store essentials (first aid kit, a few hand tools, maps, de-icer, scraper, etc) - anyone recommend a good one. I've seen the one in Argos but not sure of any others - are there any better ones out there?

Reply to
Scooby Doo

Leave the de-icer and scraper at home, you won't be needing it for a couple of months!

Do you have a map pocket? Seems a bit silly having the map in the boot . . .

Most boot tidies seem to last about a year and then fall apart . . .

Reply to
DervMan

I use a box

Available at all good supermarkets and some bad ones.

Reply to
brian

You mean just an ordinary box? That doesn't sound good - I'm after one with compartments to stick in all the bits & bobs...

Reply to
Scooby Doo

Does anyone make a decent one for the Ka Dervman? I quite fancy not having to hear my toolbox fly from one side of the car to the other every time I go around a corner quickly... Maybe I could just strap everything to the boot floor. :P

Reply to
Doki

I don't bother with one, myself, but you could use that natty cargo net type thing. I thought it funny to have our Kermit mascot in a hammock pose in this, but Charlie disagreed ("he has to wear a seatbelt to be a good example"). Pah.

So I leave everything at home to save weight!

Anyway, my toolbox is my RAC card.

Reply to
DervMan

I think the AA might be getting sick of me by now. Managed to lose my keys t'other day...

I'm not having less than a spanner and the other bits and bobs needed for changing a wheel in the dark without coming back covered in mud and brake dust. Ought to put the spare wheel back under the car mind :P. BTW, I've noticed the spare wheel gets rubbed by the cage under the car. Is that common? There's a rivet gone on the plate that holds the bolt, I think I'll put a new one in, then stick the spare on again. It's a bloody horrible tyre, I won't be sorry if it does get mangled.

Reply to
Doki

The message from "Scooby Doo" contains these words:

Several boxes, a pair of scissors, some rubber solution glue and a signed photo of Valerie Singleton to give you courage during the tricky bits.

Reply to
Guy King

In my Mondeo, I use one of the Aluminium effect toolcases you can get for around a tenner in Argos.

In mine I have...

Sou'wester & hat

2 woolly hats & gloves 2 tonne bottle jack First aid kit Emergency torch & tyre blower upper. Small basic toolkit A complete set of spare light bulbs.

This sits flat in the boot, and is held down by one of those elastic straps with 2 hooks on. It's double tied to the case I.e. make a loop, feed the loop through the shoulder mount holes, then feed the ends through the loop & pull tight. This is then hooked onto one of the two eyes in the boot.

The gap between the wheel arch & case is then filled with a litre bottle of oil, and the owners manual, and the gap behind is filled with an emergency triangle.

Nothing rolls round, and I should be able to survive anything that the world throws at me ;-)

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith