Bravo - clonking / flapping noises

Hi NG,

I have a Bravo (N reg 1995 approx 96k) with a problem and I'm hoping that somebody here will help. I am not very mechanically minded so I will try and explain as best I can.

Went to leave work the other day and reversed as normal and though that it didn't sound right. Put full lock on to pull off and it made loud clonking noises. These noises continued all the way home and it also seemed to struggle to pull off from a standstill. Occasionally, there was also a 'flapping' sound. Had no problems getting it into gear or using the clutch.

Anyway, got it on the jack today thinking that perhaps a bearing had gone but there doesn't appear to be any play in either front wheel. However, when I turn the wheels by hand they both make some odd noises. There is a wub-wub-wub noise which comes and goes. The wheels also lock until I give them a good shove. If I turn the wheel forward and then back it really locks. I am guessing that whatever it is, it is affecting both wheels but have no other ideas.

Any suggestions anyone?

TIA

Glenn

Reply to
SpamBox

CHeck all the engine mounts are intact.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks for the reply. The problem is now big time - no forward gears at all. Time to get rid.

Thanks again.

Reply to
SpamBox

Well it's either catastrophic gearbox failure or trivial gear linkage failure.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

sounds like an inner tripode joint fallen out or broken

Reply to
Mrcheerful