Breakers in Surrey for Peugeot 306 parts?

Can anyone recommend a breakers in Surrey/Guildford area which can supply parts for a Peugeot 306. I'm not sure if breakers tend to focus on particular makes - I'm guessing not really.

Thanks

David Hearn

I don't know any particular yards but, depending what you want, there are a number of web sites who circularise your requirements to many yards. Most will do mail order or you can choose one near home and collect. Try "+breakers +peugeot" without the quotes as a Google search string.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

The message from "Keith Willcocks" contains these words:

Just don't sign up, even accidentally, for their "We'll send you a text" service.

Reply to
Guy King

Have u tryed Black bush beakers down Vigo lane??they have a lot of cars in every day, they might be able to help.

Reply to
Chris

That you can find at -

xscope

You too? They only managed to send me 1 before I realized what had happened. At least they honoured the STOP message. I can't remember seeing *anything* on the site saying it was going to do that.

On the plus side it managed to find me a breaker that had the parts I was after.

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

The message from Warwick contains these words:

No, but I'd heard several horror stories.

Reply to
Guy King

As I understand it, for premium rate SMS messages to be subscribed to from other than the handset, the handset should be sent a confirmation message before any premium SMSs are sent.

The reason being is that people can subscribe handsets which they do not own via the net - an obvious spamming/scamming dream! By requiring the user to confirm their subscription by replying via SMS means that the handset owner (well, person in possession of the handset) is aware they are signing up. It also means that the network operator has a log of the SMS confirming signup. Without the confirmation SMS, the network operator cannot be certain that the user agreed to the charges, and therefore disputing the charges might be possible (although usually all refunds have to be processed by the company providing the SMS services, no the network themselves).

uk.telecom.mobile can confirm better.

David Hearn

rds:

That's the theory. I've been subscribed to stuff twice now. The car=20 parts one sent an email and a text and asked me to confirm the code=20 they'd sent by reply email. Nowhere in the text or the email did it say=20 that I was subscribing to a premium rate service. The first message did=20 though and that was when I sent STOP.=20

The previous time was bizarre. I received a message telling me to go to=20 a website to confirm my free minutes. I stored it and sent it to 7726.=20 It was only when I got my bill a couple of weeks later that I found I=20 had been charged =A31.49 for it. I got onto Orange and they eventually=20 found out that the site was some sort of O2 subsiduary that couldn't=20 possibly be valid for an Orange number. Lots of promises were made about=20 refunding me and nothing ever happened. A complaint to ICSTIS found they=20 upheld that I should be refunded and recompensed but Orange found they=20 couldn't manage to do this as I'd switched to PAYG in the meantime. I=20 gave it up.

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

I have read all the cooments here about getting put on expensive text messages but I have to confess that I am puzzled. When I searched for spares using one of these web sites it was done entirely by email and there was no mobile phone involvement at all, or land line for that matter.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks