Megane Coupe owners please

Couple of questions really. I'm no maintenance newbie - ive done head recons myself, rebuild suspension from ground up, done pretty much everything there is do to on a car (except the 'box) etc (just so you can aim replies at the right level of experience).....

Can anyone advise me how high on the temp gauge the needle sits on their megane? My other halfs coupe (1.6 8v) sits at 1/4 unless in a jam

- then it rises to half and the fan kicks in just after. Now every car ive owned has sat at 1/2 and not moved - ever. I put this down, naturally, to a stat jammed open. I replaced this, flushed and refilled the coolant system. This worked fine for a few months then it returned. Any ideas why this would fail twice in two months?

I have another friend (two actually) with meganes (1.6 16v, phase 2) and their idle speed is all over the place. Removed, tested (resistance of) and cleaned the ISC valves but no improvement. Any ideas?

Cheers all,

James

Reply to
Coyoteboy