Breather hose

I have a breather hose going into my airbox and wondered what it does ?

thanks

Reply to
GreasyFingers

Lets the engine breath its own fumes?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Allows the gases in the sump to escape. They're then drawn into the engine where they get burned instead of being vented to atmosphere.

Reply to
Conor

Alows fumes from the crank case to go through the idle control valve so it gums up. The fumes burned off are far outweighed by the carbon footprint of a new ICV.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

"Bob Smith" wrote in news:45e8be4b$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com: