broken lock

My son has a clio grande (1200cc 8 valve)(1998 - S Reg) I really need help here - I am really stuck, I've fixed door locks before but this one has got me stumped - its not like a normal lock as Ive seen in the past, "part of it looks like its made of plastic" somebody must have a guide for fixing these plus some pictures - I am starting to hate this car - I need this lock sorting as the central lockings systems down at the moment. the mechanisms are awful, I just can't see in the door enough to workout how the system works. There is also a plastic block around the lock preventing me working out how the lock is held in, locks I have done in the past have a C clip holding the lock in.

The flip ("in my opinion" is working but just a little in the batteries, they cost me a pound each they were suppose to be 3v each - I'm hoping the signal is just weak - checked with a MM the reading for both was 2 and a half volts (shocking).

Reply to
mark

Just to add as I'm on my way to work, does anybody have any pictures of this locking system (possibilly from a workshop manual) this will give me something to get my head around, I noticed a PDF manual on ebay - but it was for the model 2001-2005 so I wasn't sure if this would be the same/help me.

Reply to
mark

Best bet is to search for a renault clio enthusiast site and they might have a guide.

Reply to
Thelibrarian