Brown keys, or the joys of Fiat ownership.

I've just done a clutch on a Seicento and having had the battery off for a few hours, and now the jolly thing won't start as the immobiliser has set. I've now got the brown key and one blue key and I can't get the stupid thing to go. The local Fiat dealer doesnt seem to know either "Well sometimes they go and sometimes they dont" , very helpful. Any advice or comments welcome. I should stick to French cars. Steve the grease

Reply to
R L driver

Have all your keys to hand. Insert Red Key and turn to MAR (ignition on, but do not start the engine) until CODE dissapears. Remove red key. Insert Silver Key, turn to Mar until CODE goes out, remove silver key. Insert Blue Key, turn to Mar until CODE dissapears, remove blue key. Insert Red Key, turn to MAR until CODE dissapears. Remove red key.

You should now have all your keys CODE's stored in the car, and will be able to start with any of them.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
The Enforcer ]:o[

Although I don't know what to do about the missing key. Sorry

Reply to
The Enforcer ]:o[

It might work, just with the two keys in this sequence.

Reply to
The Enforcer ]:o[

I'm very grateful for your advice and will pop to work to try it out........I will report back , thanks again Steve the grease

Reply to
R L driver

you can't complete the programming with only one blue key, nor will it work if you use one proper blue key and one cloned blue key as they have to have different ID's.

Reply to
Spark

I was rather hoping it might work if you just omit the silver key from the sequence.

Reply to
The Enforcer ]:o[

I'm glad that the discussion is continuing and can confirm that the car wouldn't start with the brown and blue key. The customer doesnt have any other keys , but obviously has an endless supply of small teddy bears , if her key rings are anything to go by. Thanks guys , but its looking like a 20 mile tow on Tueseday. Steve the grease

Reply to
R L driver

There are places that can recode the keys and the code unit and ecu but you have to send them all away to be done :( though on the fiat coupes i know there are ways around the code unit...

Reply to
Will Morrow