Bulbs blow on One headlamp Rover 600. headlamp removal

Hi all

have a couple of questions.

1) How do I remove a NS headlamp from a rover 600 (1998) Has a stone chip that has gone right through and a crack so needs replacing.

2) The O/S unit keep sblowing all three bulbs . They last a week or so then blow. Local garage looke dbut cant fins anything wrong. Just put a new set of bulbs in and a new relay. Checked all earthing points as far as I can find and just hope this fixes it.

Reply to
Big Brian

are you aware that you must not touch the glass part of the lamp?

Reply to
Tom Burton

yes

Had the last lot fitted at halfrauds.

Its always the same unit

they last a week or so an dthen pop all three go

They are completely oblitirated whan i take them out and burnt

Reply to
Big Brian

Vibration?

Reply to
John

Blown bulbs is nearly always an earthing problem. There may be corrosion inside the bulb holder itself, a bad connection from that to an earth wire or from an earth wire to earth. Ideally you want to check the resistance of the whole earth circuit from the bulb holder to the car chassis with a DMM. Alternatively you can measure the voltage drop across the circuit.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Im goign to pass back to the garage as they had an auto electrician examine the electrical circuit and no faults found

Reply to
Big Brian