Caddy trailers

Hello,

I just wondered whether anyone had bought a "caddy trailer" from Machine Mart?

They seem cheaper than the Erde trailers from Halfords etc. but is that because they aren't as good? They don't look particularly pretty but do they do the job? Hard to tell from just a photo in the catalogue; has anyone seen one in real life?

Thanks in advance, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

No, but I bought one from somewhere else. Turned out a part was missing but Caddy customer suppert were very helpful and got it sorted.

Mine must be 10 years old, or more. For the last five or so it has languished in the garden as I never got around to getting a tow bar whan I changed the car. Still looks in reasonable condition, apart from needing two new tyres (too long stood in the same place).

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Thanks. That sounds like a recommendation. I wonder when their next

10% off weekend is?

Can you stand them up to store them, or aren't they designed to do that?

I notice the erde's have the option of a jockey wheel. Is there an option with these? Is a jockey wheel necessary or desirable?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

It keeps the hitch out of the mud.

It makes for easier manovering of a loaded trailer. My 6 x 4 fully load for a dump trip is quite a weight, OK it's not all down on the hitch (assuming I've loaded it evenly) but trying to pull something and lift it at the same time is much harder work.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Is it worth taking a trailer to the dump? All our local places ban the use of trailers or require trailers to be pushed in by hand.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It obviously depends where you live. They're all fine round here.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I've done it in Aylesbury Rabans Lane (A while ago now) sometimes towed in behind the car, sometimes by hand to beat the queue. They now forbid all "walk-in" dumping, but I don't know if that includes pulling a trailer by hand.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Not easily. You'll probably damage the lights and the weight distribution would require some sort of restraint to stop it just falling down.

Don't know.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

That's a shame. I had a confirmation email saying that the lights would be damaged if stood on end. I think other makes are designed to allow this.

Reply to
Stephen

I had one that i could stand on end, after I screwed a piece of 4x2 to it to stop the lights being damaged.

Reply to
dennis