Camper van.

I had a scruffy old camper van, which was not too big and not valuable, so I would park it wherever without worry, but although I would like another better one now, I would not get one unless I had secure indoor parking with power, for it to live in very locally.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Unfused I'm imagining?

Knocking out half the CAN bus on anything plugged into the port seems like the sort of thing you might not want to forget yourself or need to remember to warn your dealer / mechanic / mobile locksmith about! ;-)

Invoice: New key programmed. £125 New Diagnostic unit: £6000 ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Such places do exist but they are rare.

?Secure? (note the quotes) outdoor storage is more common and there is a some kind of rating scheme. Insurance company attitudes to them seem to vary. In general they seem to prefer you to keep it on your drive.

Photos of vehicles damaged, including having things removed (racks etc) appear from time to time when stored in secured sites, even ones with CCTV.

Sadly, there is no 100% safe place to store / park a motorhome. You can have an alarm, a tracker, clamps, etc. Even raise it using the levelling system. At the end of the day, if someone wants it, they will take it.

Reply to
Brian Reay

And would cost a fortune anywhere within a reasonable distance to London. Beauty of the camper van is you can decide at the last minute to go away for the weekend or whatever. Not so if it is locked up miles away.

The very fact they couldn't meant insurance was difficult to get. But silly me thought paying more meant you'd get a decent service from them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Welcome to the real world.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Campervan or motorhome?

If you choose your campervan carefully, it's perfectly acceptable to live with as a daily driver - which is what K does with our Alphard.

Reply to
Steve H

It's why my mate changed from a coach built motor home to something which is basically the same size as the van it is based on. Easier to live with as regards narrow roads and parking, etc.

And oddly enough, because the van uses the cab as part of the whole thing, much more space efficient. For just two plus dog.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If I want to visit London, I walk to the station in the village (17 mins) and get the train all the way to Victoria.

Hopefully residents parking permits are only permitted for cars anyway.

Reply to
Andrew