can u get blue bulbs for dash clocks ?

tired of boring white lights

Reply to
john calvert

Buy a VW ?

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Just take the original bulbs out and colour them in with a blue permanent marker, or use Tamiya clear blue model paint.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

If you're looking for the 'VW effect', it's not as easy as sticking in a set of blue bulbs.

ISTR one of the dial kit manufacturers did some dials that would give you the VW effect, but it's years since I looked at stick on tat like that.

Reply to
SteveH

Going for the chav effect?

Reply to
Malc

I hear the chav-scum shop here

Kirky

The message from "Kirky" contains these words:

I /hate/ blue lighting. As I get older I'm less able to focus shorter wavelengths and blue backlighting is an abomination. My sodding phone's got it and it's a bastard to use at night.

Reply to
Guy King

I replaced my dash clio Mk1 lights with blue LED's, I didn't like the feeble orange/nicotine colour they had when standard.

It involved removing the orange plastic covers and rubbing the orange film away with meths and replacing the standard bulbs with LED's.

Due to the light being fairly direct, I had to add 3 LED's per old bulb. This involved a fair bit of soldering with resistors to get the voltages right, but the end result looks fantastic.

And no it doesn't look chav, it just looks like an upto date new car with nice lighting. Well thats my opinion anyway.

Now where's my Burberry cap gone... it was here a minute ago...

/Mad

Reply to
Heds

I like orange lighting!

And i really like the green glow from old Smiths guages.

Reply to
Stuffed