Car's engine underwater.

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

This place is getting more and more like uk.rec.sheds every day.

Reply to
Guy King

(:\Shudder)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Gareth A. saying something like:

One helluva hacksaw.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It's just sawn _everything_, even a car by the look of it!

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

It was a truly enormous bandsaw (well rope saw)

DuncanWood

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember DuncanWood saying something like:

Interesting, ta.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Water would get into the engine but an oil drain would remove most of it and a new filter would help the rest. You'd need to run it pretty constantly and not hammer it for a very long time to dry it out. The biggest problem is that capilliary action would suck the water all through the wiring and do untold damage to that. There would be trouble from the cables in time too even from the clutch.

All the boxed in stuff would need waxoiling and that would include the silencer. In fact the only thing worth having off it would be the tyres and the windsceen wipers.

On the other hand I drove an old Ford Transit through the flooding in Abergele a few years back (having taken the fan belt off) and it did all right. The exhaust went under the water a couple of times and nearly stalled me. A bit of WD40 afterwards and it was OK.

The army used to sell off a jeep like contraption called a Champion that was designed for submarine use. (I.e. a plastic bag over the ht leads and a load of axle grease. And a pipe from the roof to the carburrettor.)

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

And that's before you consider that the chassis had split, due to them dropping it from a great height.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan