Car temp gauge sometimes not reaching normal?

Not all the time, but sometimes the temp gauge of the car hardly moves up much at all, even after 30 miles etc. The heater still functions with hot air if required (maybe a tad cooler than the normal max heat option, but that could be my imagination). When this situation occurs the car runs fairly rough/lumpy with slower acceleration and not as much power. The car is a 1.6 petrol Nissan Bluebird with around

200,000 miles on the clock. What could the problem be?

How much longer is this engine likely to last? Impossible question to answer I suppose?

Reply to
Tom White

Thermostat stuck open.

A minicab favorite. Assuming you service it as and when, and don't do piddly short journeys then it could do another 200k.

Reply to
Scott M