Car Transportation

Hi As anyone had experience of having a car collected and delivered? I might have to get a small car from the north of England to Northern Ireland and am wondering what sort of price area it might be in before I dismiss the idea and drive it there.

Regards David

Reply to
David

Cheaper to drive it accross

Reply to
steve robinson

Ferry costs and the tow vehicle / transporter wants to go back home. You will pay for that trip as well. Tow vehicle over 1.8m high with trailer would be around £250 return. Transporter may be bit cheaper ~ £200 if they travel at night but you would pay driver night rates for that too. One way for car is about £100.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Get it transported to the port (Shiply or various as-seen-on-eBay transportation firms), then one-way foot-passenger, and drive it over.

Paying for the transporter to be shipped back-and-forth would be daft, and the ferry company probably won't allow it to be pushed on/off or taken over unaccompanied.

Reply to
Adrian

It may well be more economical to use a transport service if the OP is going to lose wages/holiday entitlement as a result of going to pick up a car. I've seen some likely looking cars in Norn Iron over the years but have never bothered because of the PITA of transporting them back. Plus once you set out to see the car, you're very much committed to buying it, or wasting a load of travel expenses.

Reply to
Steve Firth