Change a Ford Fiesta Classic boot lock

How easy is to replace the book lock in the Ford Fiesta Classic 1.1 petrol (1996) P Reg (MK4)? Are there any online guides?

Reply to
Inasa

there are twi dufferent ones, one push button, one turn the key only IIRC Both types are very easy to replace using simple tools

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks, it's the one which uses a key.

Reply to
Inasa

IIRC get the covers off the inside and you will find there is a sliding lock retainer which needs pulling off to one side to release the lock, the lock will unhook from the mechanism and come out.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks... I'll let you know how I get on.

Reply to
Inasa

It's pretty easy, compare to changing the petrol cap lock. I can't remember the exact details but it's definitely a simple enough job (would have remembered if it was a bastard!).

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles