Chips in screen - advisory

A general query about chips in windscreen and MOT:

If a car has passed its MOT with an advisory about a chip in the screen which is outside the 'Fail' zone can one expect it to pass without further comment the following year? Would a tester be able (or likely) to make a different judgement about the position of the chip?

There's no dispute but the car is due to be tested shortly and I like to plan ahead.

Tia,

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Cicero gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

An advisory for that would be at the discretion of the tester.

Shouldn't do. The measurements for the areas are tightly defined. The one possible is that different length (possibly even different brand) wiper blades could affect the swept area.

Reply to
Adrian

I hadn't thought about that possibility but I can see it could make a difference. I'll check tomorrow as it's had replacement wiper blades since its last test.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I've had a chip in the screen in front of the driver for the past four years that has not grown and is below the rejection size. Each year, it has passed the MOT OK.

Reply to
Clot