citreon zx 1.4 alternater belt keeps snapping

MY nephew as brought his first car a citreon zx 1.4 but the altenator belt as snapped twice any idea as to why

Reply to
nigel.geary

Either too tight - unlikely - or too slack where it's slipping and overheating. Or just bad luck.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Or dumping it into 1st at 30 :-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

wrote:

Try using OE or top brand belt? We have a ZX 1.4 and I've never heard of this problem.

Try here

AFAIK the ZX 1.4 needs different beltsdepending on whether PAS is fitted or not. It was an option on earliermodels.

Reply to
Doctor D