Citroen BX GTI wheeltrim rings

Anyone know where these rings ( which fit tight in the wheel) can be obtained) or where there maybe some wheels available from breakers?

Reply to
Lofty.

Lofty. ( snipped-for-privacy@bemertonNOBUL.freeserve.co.ukINVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Wouldn't a GTi have had alloys as standard...?

Anyway, I think I know the ones you mean. Dealer only, I think.

You shouldn't have any difficulty finding alloys to fit - either the standard BX ones, or the bolt pattern's the same as plenty of other Pugs/Cits - Xant, 405, 306 etc.

Reply to
Adrian

I'm not sure that alloys were standard on all BX GTi's. Mine didn't have them, although somewhere in the course of the 9 or so owners it'd had before me I suppose it could have been robbed of its wheels. I never saw a 16v without alloys though.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Douglas Payne ( snipped-for-privacy@cheerful.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Thinking about it, I think they may have been moved to options towards the very end of production.

Reply to
Adrian

1988 model wheel trims had 4 black squares on a silver disc. Alloys would be nice if they come in 14 inch, but cannot seem to find any breakers in N.Wilts S. Glos area. Got a set of wheel trims, but no rings to fit them to. Used to be a firm up north which advertised French used parts in yellow pages nationally, but not any more. Not many BX's about now - tis a bit long in the tooth, but goes well.. Did not know that other cars used this type, though.
Reply to
Lofty.

Lofty. ( snipped-for-privacy@bemertonNOBUL.freeserve.co.ukINVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Lower-spec, yes - but I'm sure that GTis would have had alloys as standard. Can't be arsed to dig my BX brochures out, though.

Try FrenchCarForums or BXClub

You are aware that a BX and a 405 are damn near identical under the skin, right?

Reply to
Adrian

My 'G' registered GTi had these trims.

Alloys

I had a 1991 205 which had plastic rings pressed into the wheels to hold the wheeltrims on. I don't know if they were the same system as used on the BX, but there's a chance as they were both PSA products. Have you tried asking a Peugeot or Citroen dealer?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Particularly the suspension :-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

ICBW but I think the Peugeot Mi16x4 had BX rear suspension. The floorpans must have been pretty similar for them to be able to do that.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Duncan Wood ( snipped-for-privacy@dmx512.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Pffft. That's minor.

Front struts mount the same - it's just that one has a bollock hanging off the top, whilst the other has springs.

Rear subframes fit the same - one has springs, one has balls. As has been said, the 4x4 405 used the same subframe as the 4x4 BX, with hydraulics. Hell, a BX rear subframe'll bolt straight on to a C15...

Reply to
Adrian

Yes. Nothing doing at Citroen dealers but I had not realised the options available on the other makes. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to all for yr input.

Reply to
Lofty.

only on 16v models, I believe. That's higher spec!

Reply to
Lofty.