CitroenBX GTI Wheeltrim retaining rings

Anyone know if these are available ANYWHERE?

Reply to
Lofty.

Scrapyard? There ought to be a few BXs around somewhere.

Reply to
malc

malc ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But very few will have intact factory wheeltrims...

I'd probably just look out for a set of factory 14" alloys...

Reply to
Adrian

True but I thought the OP just wanted the ring that retains the trim. A bust one ought still to be able to supply that.

Reply to
malc

malc ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I don't recall the exact fitting details, but IIRC they do need to be "good ones" - and very few are.

Reply to
Adrian

Will the trims off a Xantia fit?

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Curious. Most BX models had trims fastened by the wheelnuts. Obviously they never fell off. Why they would go for the inferiour snap-ring fixing on the fastest model beats me.

Reply to
asahartz

Yes. Seen some available from a 16 valve ----not sure what size they were or if they are ok for the GTI?

Reply to
Lofty.

Can't speak for other models but the GTI was supplied with rings on the

4 road wheels but not on the spare, so a puncture required the ring to be removed and fitted to the spare. This swapping around was not good for the ring,as presumably the tyre people had to prise them off. Having said that I have only had the one come adrift - got a spare full set of trims from a scrapyard but no rings.
Reply to
Lofty.

I've possibly got some wheeltrims from a TGD somewhere. IIRC they had clips over the bolts, and a metal ring round the outside. You're welcome to the ring if that's what you need and it suits. BICBW, and of course they may well be different to the GTI ones.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

asahartz ( snipped-for-privacy@hotMEATPIEmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Most GTis had alloys - as did all 16vs.

Reply to
Adrian

You're quite right, I'd forgotten that. Mine used to rattle like a big rattley thing on a rough road but never came off.

--

Reply to
Malc

Handbook covers four BX19 vehicles with these tyres fitted as standard :- BX19TRS 165/70R.14 MXL.81.T BX19TRS Estate same but different recommended pressures BX19 GTI 185/60R (No ABS) 82.H (higher tyre pressures than BX19 GTI 185/60R 14 MXV(with ABS)82.H BX19 GTI 16V 195?60 VR 14 MXV with Alloy wheels

wear, maintenance

Alloy Wheels. Replacement of a set of steel wheels by a set of alloy wheels, or vice versa, requires that the wheel fixings be replaced also, and that appropriate tyres be fitted. For any other fitting consult Citroen dealer.

Reply to
Lofty.

If fastened by the wheelnuts and rattling the wheel nuts would have been loose! I think you are both mistaken but I am talking about an '88 model, so perhaps there was a change later.

Reply to
Lofty.

Lofty. ( snipped-for-privacy@bemertonNOBUL.freeserve.co.ukINVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, they weren't held between stud and wheel. Sort of clipped on to the side of the studs.

Reply to
Adrian

Hey! I'm not that crap a mechanic. Now ABC Services in Cheltenham are quite capable of not doing wheel nuts up so that one wheel nearly falls off and the other is only held on by finger tight nuts.

G reg BX 19 D Estate with steel wheels which is where the difference lies I reckon.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc